Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble installing 9i on XP pro !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delpiero

MIS
Sep 8, 2002
CA
I purchased Oracle 9i database release 2 (9.2.0.1.0) and i'm trying to install it on my XP Pro system using the 3 CDs. I get to the 3rd disk and at the very end I get "Install was unsuccessful" without any error messages. I'm really struggling with this, if anyone can help me out or let me know of the install instructions I would greatly appreciate it !
Thanks,
Buster

Which version of the Oracle Universal Installer are you using? If you have a Pentium 4 with a CPU of 1.6 GIG+ then you need to make sure that at least UI version 2.2 is used. Don't ask me why. Metalink has a few entries about this as well. We had a heck of a time trying to install this for a client running Win2k and Oracle DB ver. 9.2. We eventually had to install 9.0.1 and do the upgrade procedure.
I cannot understand the logic behind it. If anyone else knows then please post it here so we can all share in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back