Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble installing 9i on XP pro ! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delpiero

MIS
Sep 8, 2002
CA
I purchased Oracle 9i database release 2 (9.2.0.1.0) and i'm trying to install it on my XP Pro system using the 3 CDs. I get to the 3rd disk and at the very end I get "Install was unsuccessful" without any error messages. I'm really struggling with this, if anyone can help me out or let me know of the install instructions I would greatly appreciate it !
Thanks,
Piero

Hi,
Sound like some variant of the Pentium IV issue:
so, if you have a Pentium 4 try this link:
FAQ186-1124

If not, try looking into the install log files
( usually under Program Files/Oracle/Inventory/logs on your C drive )for any error messages..

[profile]

I would check the install logs for errors before doing anything else. The Pentium IV bug is a well-known problem with Oracle 8i installs, but I was under the impression it was fixed in 9i.

HI,
I agree, but I have seen some postings ( tho' I don't recall where ) where it did seem to still be a problem
depending on the JVM version.

[profile]

Try placing all 3 cd's on the hard drive onto directories labelled 'disk1', 'disk2' and 'disk3' and start the install from disk1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back