Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trouble deploying (locally?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpc3

Programmer
Jun 7, 2005
US
I'm rather new to BizTalk and I'm working through one of the example solutions presented in BizTalk Server 2004 Unleashed. In trying to deploy this solution, using "Build/Deploy Solution" while in the MDE, I see the following in the Output pane:

------ Skipped Deploy: Project: BasicOrchestration, Configuration: Development .NET ------

Project configuration skipped because it is not selected in this solution configuration

When I go to look at the server in the BizTalks Administration Console, I do not see its associated Send Ports, nor its Receive Locations. So, it looks like the solution did not properly deploy. Can anyone help me locate the reason for this deployment trouble? As far as I know, I followed the example in Chapter 9 correctly and the solution builds without errors/warnings. But, I must have done something wrong.

Thank you,
Paul

Not sure but probably worth looking into strong named assembly key.
-Right Click Project
-Properties
-Common Properties
-Assembly
-Assembly Key File

Ensure there is a snk file in that configuration box.
If there is not you will need to find or generate one.

To generate one, use the VS.NET Command Promt, which can be found in the Visual Studio.NET Tools menu option in your programs menu and type:

sn -k mykeyfile.key

Replacing mykeyfile with what ever you wish to call the keyfile.

Regards,
Rod

Rod-

Hey. I appreciate the advice. I was using the wrong "Deploy" function. What I needed was to deploy the assembly, not the solution. To deploy the assembly, what I need to do is RHM on the assembly and select Deploy. Instead, what I had been trying was the pull-down menu Build/Deploy Solution and that is wrong for what I'm trying to do.

Thanks again for trying to help.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back