Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble copy/pasting LARGE files over LAN - System hangs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteshannon

Technical User
Nov 2, 2002
GB
Hi!

Hi There i hope you can help! I have set up a fully functioning Wireless LAN using Intel anypoint II wireless network to connect a desktop PC and a Laptop. I use Microsoft ICS to share the ADSL internet connection and all seems to work perfectly until I try to transfer a large file over the local network from the laptop to the PC and vice versa. After about 5 mins, the transfer stops and one of two things happens.

1) if the transfer was initiated on the laptop, the desktop pc freezes, transfer stops and the desktop needs to be reset.

2) if the transfer was initiated on the desktop, the transfer stops after a while and an error message appears on the desktop stating that "could not replace or create: network is busy" (or words to that effect!)

Copying is fine for small files but not larger ones (say above 10 meg).

Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

Pete, UK

i read that the intel anypoint cards just tend to do that. i don't know if there is actually anything you can do. maybe check out the intel site and check the troubleshooting... Dave Williams
Network Administration Student
floating_torso_man@taprootgift.com

i have given up on finding out why my ME machine does the same thing on a WIRED network. was your network wired before and working properly? "Jack of all trades. Master of none."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back