Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TROUBLE CONNECTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a Rockwell RSS V.34 Voice W DP Plug and Play Modem version 1.0.00. I have never had a problem with it until last week. Whether I dial out to a service such as AOL or another company, it will NOT connect. It dials the number, I can hear the other side answer, it starts to connect and at the point of the handshake, there is a high pitched piercing sound and then I get a message "unable to connect to modem." This is a combination fax/phone modem. I can still fax and receive faxes. What could be wrong? Is it the modem? Why does the fax still work and not the data line? The telephone line has been checked and is ok. It is not an AOL problem, because the same happens no matter who I dial to.

We did have electric storms, could that have affected the modem, but again why not the fax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back