Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble configuring ASP.NET & iis 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdwhite76

Programmer
Aug 24, 2009
US
Greetings,

I'm attempting to configure iis 5.x to work well with ASP/NET so that I can host my own webserver. I've googled the issue and saw recommendations for running the aspnet_regiis.exe -1 command in dos. I ran that command and t returned the following error message: Setup has detected some errors during the operation. For details, please read the setup log file C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ASPNETSetup_00007.log

I check the Log and get the following:

Failure Grant access to WMI namespace: root\aspnet: GrantAccessToWmiNamespace failed with HRESULT 8004100e: ''

Failure Setting WMI ACLs for the ASPNET account: GrantAccessToWmiNamespace failed with HRESULT 8004100e: ''

Failure Grant access to WMI namespace: root\aspnet: GrantAccessToWmiNamespace failed with HRESULT 8004100e: ''

Failure Setting WMI ACLs for a IIS6 account: GrantAccessToWmiNamespace failed with HRESULT 8004100e: ''

Any thoughts on how to I can get this resolved?

are you running aspnet_regiis.exe as administrator?
I thought the command was aspnet_regiis.exe -i, not -1.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

faq855-7190

HI Jason, Thanks for responding. Yes I am running as administrator, that's the only profile available on this PC. Also, I am using -i not -1 (sorry for the mistype)

Thanks again jmeckley. I also found the same posting and disabled firewall & anti-virus and it didn't help.

Any other thoughts?

thanks!

IIS is installed, correct? other than that I'm running out of ideas.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

faq855-7190

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back