Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble completing calls forwarded to a cell in QSIG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumber123

Technical User
Nov 16, 2002
US
I have a network of (9) Avaya G3s CM 2.0 - 4.0 networked via QSIG (4 digit dialing). All works well until an end-user forwards their calls to a cell phone. Every one in the world can connect this call except for (8) of the tested Avaya switches.

The (1) that does connect has CM 4.0. Yes EC500 will work but I'd hate to have to buy so many licenses. CFW works ... however these spoiled endusers feel that it's to much effort to push more than one button to set this up. When members of the other PBXs attempt 4-digit dialing the call routs via my hub QSIG switch to the desired switch sucessfully, but when the extension is forwarded the 4-digit calls reoute back to the originating switch and tries to go out via the PSTN which would be fine if it didn't append bad digits to the dial string and connect to someone else...

to prevent it is better than to have it to cure ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back