Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble adding line to NEC electra elite ipk

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyTech

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2013
US
I have a customer with a NEC Electra Elite IPK. The currently have 5 live lines on an COI (8)-u10 card. I am try to add 3 more lines to their system. I punched down the new lines on the 66 block just below the other 5. I even took one of the new lines and replaced an old one and tested it and it works on the system. However no matter what I do I cannot dial out the old lines. It is not a dial 9 or 8 issue to select the truck groups. I have added them to both Group 1 and then moved to 2 and they will not select the first available line. I had that working before I added the lines, but once I added them I am getting an error with the system trying to select one of the new lines. the only things I have not done is add them to a line key on the system because all of the programmed keys are taken. Unless there is something else you have to do when you add a new line to the system. I have not checked baud rate setting is the only other thing I can think of. If anyone has an idea please let me know.

Check MB 3 - trf - 91 to see if those lines were set to "nil". This is done so they will be bypassed when dialing 9 to get out. If so, set them to CO. Then you may need cap keys if you do not have direct line appearances for them on each phone.

So you are saying it has to have a line key associated to it on the phones for the system to be able to select it as a outgoing phone line?

Correct. Or, a CAP (call appearance key). CAP keys are basically a loop key that can take a call from any trunk, so you do not need to assign every trunk to a button on the phone. The number of CAP keys determined how many simultaneous calls you can have.

Tried the CAP key but it did not work. Found out that that the system was setup as a key system. So if I swap out one of the old line keys to one of the new lines and it works. So I have to have a line key for every line instead of being able to use a CAP key like you were suggesting, as far as I can tell. I would program a line key for each one, but they would loose features they want to have. If you have any other ideas please let me know.

I believe there is a switch setting on the CPU for Key vs. PBX, however if you change it you may have to reprogram the system. If you have the buttons available, then just add the trunk appearances. If you run out of available buttons, then you may not have a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back