Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trouble accessing shared folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

psnead

Programmer
Jul 5, 2000
DK
I've seen several other threads with a similar problem to mine, but I still haven't found the right solution.

We are using a checkpoint vpn-1 edge appliance on a windows 2003 SBS, who is our DHCP server, DNS server, Wins server, and Exchange Server. We also have a Win XP SP2 static ip file server on our network.

Users can vpn behind the firewall using Secure client, and ping all computers behind the firewall. After opening the vpn tunnel, users can even check their mail using outlook with no problems. Our problem is, they can not access the file shares on the Win XP SP2 file server, using \\file_server_name or \\ip. It always pops up a box user authentication box, when the user types in his user name as domain\username, password the dialog says that that user name and password is the same user name and password used to log in and that the user should try a different user name and password. Well, as the domain admin, I can type the admin passwod and it gives me access to the share. I'm guessing it has something to do with cached credentials, but have not been able to figure out the answer.

Thanks for any insight....

Just a test, are users able to RDP to the XP box and login??

Michael Firth
Network Infrastructure Officer

~If it's not broke, break it and LEARN~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back