Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trixbox voice Prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mlck

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2006
CA

Hi,

I have a Trixbox 2.6 installed but now I would like change the system voice Prompt.

ex: if im dialing something wrong or when I acces my vm box,
I want the system answer me with a different language then the default English.

I know Ican add voice prompt in var/lib/sounds.....but I did't found any doc on it.

Any help will be great

thanks

Are you wanting to change the default language for the entire system, or just one mailbox?

For the entire system:

this link gives you the idea see section 28.2 Installing Other Languages

as well creating a new language directory under /var/lib/asterisk/sounds you need to add the same language directory in

dictate
digits
phonetic
letters

otherwise for those voice files you will revert to the alison voice.

Yes, the language of the entire system,

thanks for the link

Sorry this link is not working

sorry, must be an old link.

If you wish to use a different language other that the default American English that comes with Asterisk,

Create a subdirectory for the particular language (eg: ‘au’ for Australian English, ‘fr’ for French, ‘it’ for Italian etc.) in the /var/lib/asterisk/sounds directory, e.g. /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/au and send all your prompts sound files there. Also create the language directories in the digits, letters etc directories, and send the entire prompt files there.
Add the following line in the iax.conf and sip.conf configuration file under [general]. In zapata.conf configuration file the line should be added under channels].
language=au ; (or fr, it or whichever language is installed)

Next: put "fr" (no quotes) on the extension's language field

Thanks, I found the same,
I downloaded an ftp client to manage the file and every thinks is working.

Im testing if the different subdirectory is working like
VM
meet-me....

thanks for ur answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back