Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trixbox ooh323 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolEngr

Technical User
Apr 7, 2007
SA
hello everyone -
I am in trouble now with trixbox.
I thought it would be straight forward for anyone, especially for like me!
first, i am not a linux man, and it would take me long time learing it.

the problem i have and need your folks help is how to install the ooh323 trunk on driver. i figured out i need this in order to connect to me avaya cm 2.1.
i search everywhere, and could not find a step by step guid to install these addons.

i can't decide which directory these addons should go to, or how to get them to the right place.

if anyone can help me after the screen i put my root login and password.
beleive me i worked for about 3 days staright, and can't get it. say whatever you wanna say, but HELP ME.
I don't think it is a good idea to tell you all the steps i did, cos it will take for ever, however i installed the addons, and i see them there under a directory cd /ect/asterisk

any help will be appriciated
thank you

I worked on the same thing for about a month. I got the h323 trunking to work one way only and gave up. This was almost a year ago, so things might be easier now.

out of the box trixbox already has the addons installed. after logging in:

cp /etc/asterisk-1.2.7.1_samples/ooh323.conf /etc/asterisk
amportal stop
amportal start

you will need to change asterisk-1.2.7.1_samples to the version that you are running. you can do a ls in the etc dir to see the correct folder. the ooh323.conf will now be editable in the web gui. there are tons of h323 avaya/asterisk docs on this site. i would suggest looking through the ip office and definity groups as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back