Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trixbox and Avaya handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatzEye1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2004
GB
lo folks, firstly apologies if these Qs have already been answered, for some reason the site wont allow me to search the ip office and asterisk forums!!

i have a trixbox 2.2 set up with ip softphone on a few PCs and they are all working fine with IAX2 trunks to and from our provider.

I am trying to add Avaya 4610SWIP and 4620SWIPs to the system and have a few problems:
1- I know of the message waiting light issue and have deleted the mailbox= line in sip_additional.conf, but the phones still disconnect, and when i check the conf file the mailbox= lines are all back!! but i have done nothing to the configs since...is trixbox automatically readding them?!
2- I cant find a way to program the feature buttons on the avaya, and cant find any docs to help with that! the main buttons (transfer, hold,redial etc) work fine but i want to add more (like VM check, user status, busy lamp etc) and these phones have 12 programmable ones in SIP mode.

any ideas?
many thx in advance...

1. How are you editing the sip_additional.conf file?
Why does this feature disconnect the Avaya phones?

2. Usually, you browse to the ip address of the phone to change the button programming.

1- config editor in trixbox. the disconnection is a known problem in avaya ip phones, hence the need to delete the mailbox line in conf file.

2- ya tried that, no use...has anyone actually had experience with these 46xxSW IP phones and managed to program the keys?

I have read a while back that you needed to have some of the bin files in a tftp server for the avaya IP phones. I am not sure if that is still true. If you have gotten them working, let me know how they work. I want to get a couple of them. I am not a cisco fan ;)

No reason why you shouldn't be able to browse to the phone. From what I understand, MWI is the real problem. Have not heard of anyone getting it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back