Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tripplite Envirosense Dry Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenhalo

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2008
US
Hello All,

We have a couple Tripplite UPS's with the Envirosense modules installed. We are currently using the built-in temp and humidity sensors, but are now interested in testing for water (on the floor, for example). The Envirosense has what they call "dry contacts" built into the device, but there needs to be a 3rd party unit we'd need to purchase to connect to those dry contacts to alert us of an issue. I've called Tripplite and they do not manufacture nor have any idea of any utility of any kind to plug into their own dry contacts. I have Googled my fingers blue and cannot find anything out there that can hook up to Tripplite's dry contacts to alert us of water.

Has anyone ever used these before and if so, what can I puchase? Thanks,

Brad

Brad L.
Network Engineer
Pcubed

"Some things Man was never meant to know. For everything else, there's Google.

Could the dry contacts connect to something as simple as a float switch ? have you checked for float switches or moisture sensors in industrial catalogs like McMaster-Carr or electronic/electrical suppliers like Graybar ?

Fred Wagner

Well, I did find a couple products that appear that they might work... It's just hard to be sure. I think either of them might work - only reason I think that is because the image of the first one listed below seems to have the same types of little screws on the bottom that my Envirosense unit has.

It just seems to me like Tripplite could at least suggest some that are known to work with their unit. I am going to buy the $15 above and see if it works... If it doesn't - well I guess I'm out $15 then. Any more suggestions would be great.

Brad L.
Network Engineer
Pcubed

"Some things Man was never meant to know. For everything else, there's Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back