Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Triple State Yes/No Check Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSC5905

Technical User
Apr 30, 2004
US
I am trying to use the Triple State of a Yes/No Check box. When I change the check box Triple State from “No” to “Yes” on the “Data Tab” in form design review, the check box does not work or function properly. The check box will not toggle through its three states. Is there something I need to do in addition to just switching the Triple State from “No” to “Yes” on the data tab in form design review?

How are ya BSC5905 . . .

For [blue]unbound[/blue] CheckBox no problemo!

For [blue]bound[/blue] Checkboxes you'll probably get an [blue]Null[/blue] error for the [blue]Null state[/blue].

Also you'll only find [blue]TripleState[/blue] in forms, not in tables.

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

I think with bound controls your kinda limited to TRUE or FALSE, no TRUALSE unfortunately :)

Maybe use a toggle control (radio buttons with different description)

This works pretty well. If you make the boolean field into a number or text field.
I call this a pseudo boolean field because it will get values of 0,-1, or null. In this example make a triple state checkbox. My check box is called chkField and my field is called pseudoBlnField

Code:
Private Sub Form_Current()
  Me.chkField = Me.pseudoBlnField
End Sub

Private Sub chkField_Click()
   Me.pseudoBlnField = chkField
End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back