Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trigger handling problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaycee2000

Programmer
Jul 24, 2000
AT
hi...i have a problem: in one of my reports, i have to calculate data stored in controls. it works fine, but in a where-clause in OnOpen() i have to access a data field - but at this time the fields haven't been filled yet :(<br><br>as far as i know the only possibility changing controlSources is in OnOpen()....<br><br>...is there any little trick which tells access to fill the fields BEFORE OnOpen() is called?<br><br>thx a lot...

Have you tried the OnFormat, or OnPrint of the detail sections, or a header?<br><br>Make sure the properties window is open to the Events, and click on the Gray Detail bar, you will get the events for that section.<br><br>I have had alot of code work here, that didn't work in the OnOpen of the report. <p>Jim Lunde<br><a href=mailto:compugeeks@hotmail.com>compugeeks@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= Application Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back