Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trigger failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjcmkrsr

Technical User
Nov 30, 2010
Hi all,

I have an application (EXE) that runs fine on my machine where VFP9 IS installed. But when I port it to my laptop, where VFP9 is NOT installed - but the runtime files ARE - if I want to save a record the error message TIGGER FAILED shows up and the app crashes.

Any hints

Thansk

Mark

Problem solved - I ran RI again. It was a VFP6 DBC. Hence this question: Is RI from VFP9 different from VFP6's RI?
Thanks
Mark

Hi Olaf,
In what way?
Thanks
Mark

sorry was too fast - is VFP6 able to handle a dbc from VFP9?
Thanks
Mark

If you dont apply RI code and only use features and field types VFP6 supports, you can also make a vfp6 application use a vfp9 dbc. But I haven't tried and one issue may make that quite impossible, as cdx have become better in regard to bloating with vfp8, so this might not be compatible to vfp6.

If you are concerned about manipulating the dbc via vfp9 ri code builder, this only affects the dbc/dct/cx file and would be reversible, if you just remove the code.

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back