Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tricking Fortran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgrosser

Programmer
Sep 18, 2012
US
I'm a new programmer in fortran, and I was hoping to create a user input program, that would turn those inputs into a huge sequence. So it starts off asking the user for simple numbers:

Number? !<- just what the output code looks like. Just trying to make it simple
*User input*

then goes to several other numbers, which ends with a true/false statement. After which I wanted to assign these numbers to parameters for a fellows program. The variable portion of the code works well. However, variables can't be assigned to constant values, so it doesn't work afterwards. I thought I could make it work by creating the variables first and then making a new set a parameter equal to the variable, but that doesn't work. Is there anyway to 'trick' fortran to have a user input in a program's parameters?

Thanks

It sound like this: can you help me to assign value 2 to all constants 1 in my code?
PARAMETER statements define symbolic names of CONSTANTS.
Don't mix up PARAMETER defined names with routine parameters.
Better present your codes where you are trying "making a new set a parameter equal to the variable".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back