Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trial balance report

Status
Not open for further replies.

wysiwygGER01

Programmer
Feb 18, 2009
AU
Hello,

I'm trying to write my first datapipe report by modifying the datapipe report GLTRLR1.RPT. It links to GLTRLA.dll.

I modified the report file and copied the datapipe file from the original report into the directory of my report file.
I deleted all reference to other DLLs from that file and now have a datapipe file that looks like below:
Code:
[GLTRLA.DLL]
query="GLTRLR1\n \nZZZZ\nGLAMF.ACCTID\n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n0000\n9999\nF\n0\n \n \n \n \n0\n0\n0\n0\n0\n0\n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n0"
'query="GLTRLW1\n \nZZZZ\nGLAMF.ACCTID\n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n0000\n9999\nF\n0\n \n \n \n \n0\n0\n0\n0\n0\n0\n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n0"
P1=CAP100
P2=ADMIN
P3=password
P4=ENG

When I now try to run my report I get this error message:
"Failed to load database information. The database DLL 'crdb_p2bpipe.dll' could not be loaded"

What else do I have to do to set up my own datapipe report?

No one except Sage writes datapipe reports. You need a UI to run it. Use customization directories instead.

Customization directories?

I'm looking to to write my own trial balance report. How do customization directories help me with that?
Which table(s) should I use for my my trial balance since I can't access the DLL?

Use GLAFS.
Tip: use the Financial Reporter to create a TB, it will be much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back