Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trial Balance out of balance 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acass

Technical User
Jan 20, 2011
US
I am running version 3.71 - My beginning balances did not transfer correctly from 2010 to 2011; it seems to have doubled up. I.e. the ending balance in 2010 was 41 and beginning balance in 2011 is 82. The G/L Account inquiry and G/L Deatil History report is correct but the Trial Balance is all messed up. How do I fix this?

MAS 90 has data files that contain the data from postings. Sometimes data doesn't get posted or gets posted twice due to power surges, power drops, bad disk sectors, etc. As long as the detail data is intact, you can recover from this by doing the following:

Under the Library Master, there is a menu item called "Repair". Repair has several menu choices.

Caution Do not Reinitialize Data Files. Doing so will wipe all data clean and you will lose everything!!!

There are two different ways to fix the file. The first is the safest method. The second allows you to change file data characters which takes much more knowledge than the first method.

First Method:

Use the "Rebuild Application Key Files" item. A warning will pop up. Select OK. Then select General Ledger for your application. Enter the company code. You will see numerous files that can be repaired. The one you are looking for is gl8??? (the ??? is company code). Select this file and change rebuild to yes. Select Proceed. Be sure to answer yes to backup files.

Second Method:

Under the Repair tab, use "Data File Display and Maintenance". A warning will pop up. Select OK. Then browse for the file in the MAS90 directory, GL??? (the ??? is the company code) directory, file name gl8???.soa (again, the ??? is the company code). Select Key Scan to browse each account's data by year. The first 4 digits are the year, the fifth is the 123A (Budget 1,2,3 or Actual), then the next 9 are the account number. Each of the key fields are the account balances at the end of each period.

As I said, the second method is much more technical, but sometimes is useful to fix certain data.

Good luck.

Phil

You need to work with your reseller. Rebuild key files and sort files will have absolutely no effect on the balances. DO NOT use DFDM to manually change the amounts as you will run into major problems with updating. Note that you are on v3.71 for which all support have ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back