Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Triad-S not keeping programing during power failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylesz71

Technical User
Feb 12, 2008
US
Hello,
I have a Triad-S that won't keep programing during a power failure. When power comes back on phone display shows DKTU 24-D GSPD.V2.0B. I was wondering if it could be the Tekcell Lithium battery SU-AA02 3.6V size 1/2 AA that could be bad? Check battery has no voltage. If so can this be replaced without removing the circuit board from the case.
Please let me know.

Thanks,
Kyle
5e Communications

We had also this battery problem.But it was solved (or nearly) by taking back-up of the customers data after each datachange.Customers the never suffered a long "down time".New batteries were installed and lasted at least 5-7 years.

///doktor

Thanks for responding Doktor,
So it is the lithium battery soldered to the circuit board that needs to be replaced? Can this be replaced without taking out the circuit board?
I was told it could possibly be in a black module that has the default programming stored in it.

Hi Kyle

Yes,you are right.
When I did this battery swap, I always made a back-up of the telephone system by means of the maintenance PC program.
I broght my PC and the back-up to the customers site.
Then powered the system down, setting af dip swtchs to get the system into factory default setting.
Soldered the leads for the old battery, and removed it.
Placed the new battery and soldered the leads.
Powered-up the system.
Logged-on to the system, and re-installed the back-up.
Restarted and tested the system.
OK.

It is a bit different with the names for LG and Vodavi (now Vertical).

XTS / Triad -> ipLDK-100/300
Telennium -> iPECS

///doktor

Thanks Doktor,
I'm going to replace the battery this evening and will be posting the results,
Fortunately this is a small system and no voice mail.Can reprogram in a few minutes.

Thanks again,

OK.
Await your status update...

///doktor

Couldn't find a battery with taps on the positive and negective sides. Got a single AA battery holder from Radio Shack soldered the leads in the old battery position installed battery in holder and put in a metal spacer to make up the space of the shorter batt.
Battery corrected problem.
I will get a Vodavi replacement battery. May still use may still use batery holder so it'll be easy to replace the battery.

Thanks again Doktor for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back