Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trend ScanMail eManager issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdArm

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2004
GB
Can anyone help?
I am trying to run Trend ScanMail eManager on my Exchange 5.5 server. When I try to open Trend ScanMail Exchange eManager, a server logon box appears. I log in using our administrative account. The configuration window then successfully opens. However, the fact that I've been able to open the config page doesn't seem to mean that the eManager is up and running, in fact I cannot tell if it is up and running at all. I was told by a colleague who's used this before that with the Real-time Scan Monitor, the scan status should change, with an indication that the eManager is now running. I do not see that indication. I've stopped and restarted the Real-time scan service to see if it updates, but it doesn't. Any ideas, people???

Hi,
I am running Trend Micro ScanMail for Exchange v3.82 on Exchange 5.5; don't know if this is the same version. When I log into the Management Console, there is status button in the left pane which indicates whether real-time scan is running and for how long.
Hope this helps

I had the same issue. I now always go into scanmail management console and hit apply it then always seems to work. If apply is not availble to click, I just select something then unselect it then hit apply. This has always worked for me for some reason.

Cheers guys - I'll give it a try... although it not ScanMail per se that's giving me issues, but the eManager add-on that will allow us to do spam filering and the likes....

Good luck on the spam filtering with Trend. At the one year mark for using this same version of Trend, I switched to Barracuda. What a huge difference! I still use the Trend product as a second layer after I simplified the rules. And I have no problems or issues with the other Trend products that I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back