Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trend InterScan Messaging Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterRacker

Oct 13, 1999
US
Is anyone familiar with Trend InterScan Messaging Suite? I've downloaded the Administrator's Guide but it's not very clear on how policies are actually applied.

My specific question relates to the default spam rule. Within that rule, how does the spam detection threshold interact with the approved senders list?

We've kind of assumed that an approved sender listing would override the spam detection within that policy. However, we're seeing messages being blocked, that were sent from a specifically approved domain where the log entry indicates the default spam rule as the reason.

We're trying to whitelist certain senders and it's proving difficult to say the least.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

We use the hosted version of the Interscan Messaging Suite, and your observation is the way it works. Adding someone to the Approved Senders does NOT stop the spam and virus checking of the message. We have found that in order to stop all checks you need to create a Policy where you set the Attributes match to none and the Action to "Deliver Now".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back