Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TreeView Control not always displaying Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughesai

Technical User
Aug 1, 2002
GB
Hi.

I have a TreeView control V6 in A97 on a Win 2K PC showing an organisation structure. It works fine on my PC and most others, but doesn't display correctly on a small number of others. The MSCOMCTL.OCX file is on all PCs.

The symtoms on the problem PCs are that the org structure is displayed - the + and - symbols are there, as are the lines. They can be opened and closed and child and grandchild nodes can be seen. However, there are no text boxes being shown.

At first I thought maybe it was a font problem, but the treeview control is using MS Sans Serif font and this is on all PCs in question. If I change this font or the font size the control fails on all PCs with the message "The Object does not ewxist in this control". Incidentally, the font size is 8.25 - as this is not a true-type font I'm surprised - I would have expected either 8 or 10.

I can't see what else might be causing this.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

When I've ran into problems with the treeview it is usually the proper version of MSCOMCTL.OCX file is on the PC but not always registered. And other times refreshing references solves it.
I also had a problem one time where I had copied and pasted the control. I had to remove the control and add it back on to the form.

thnaks gol4.

No - the OCX is registered and I have forced a refresh of all references. This has not helped.

What puzzles me is that it works on some PCs, but not on others. I have checked versions of files, but have found no differences. It may be a dependancy on a DLL of something which is missing of some PCs, but I would have thought that if that was the case, the display would be completely blank, not the partial view that it is now.

I'm stumped. Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back