Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TreeView Control in Web Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtrajkov

Programmer
Mar 24, 2002
AU
Hi,

What I am trying to do is to insert the Microsoft TreeView Control within my web site where users can select an item.

I am able to successfully populate the tree and it works the way it is supposed to on my development machine. Now when I try to open the web page on other PCs, I get an assortment of errors.

Sometimes the tree is there and the branches are all there but the actual nodes are invisible. Other times the ActiveX control wont load at all and one particular error i get is

Object doesn' support this property or method: 'TreeView1.Nodes'

I have tried other similar control which i have downloaded and they all give similar problems., The CAB file is there and the reference is there and the download popup screen comes.

I have even tried updating the "mscomctl.ocx" on the other machines with no success.

I am currently running Windows 2000 Server with SP2 and IIS5, It has IE6 installed and the majority of users are using IE4, but even users with IE6 have problems.

Please help

Thanks

I have the same problems implementing treeview with an Access 97 VBA application.

I can get it to work by going to design mode and then returning to the form view - but that's no good to a user.

The problem probably lies in the version of the axtiveX control we are using.

If you ever solve the problem please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back