Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tree View Control vs Opening a Query ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccburn

Programmer
May 30, 2003
US
Hello,

I had a treeview control in Access 97 that I used to get a quick view of related data. Now I am using Access2000 and embarking onto Access2002(XP). There are links to this most useful tool under 'ActiveX Controls..' but none of them are that particular wizard that helped me in the past. I know that I can reproduce this function by using sub-datasheets but I wiould like to have it in form view not table view. Any help will be appreciated.

-Thanks.

The TreeView control was included with the Developer Edition of Access 97, as well as with Visual Basic Professional, Developer Studio, and other products. If you are still licensed to have any of those products on your machine, you can simply copy the file (mscomctl.ocx or comctl32.ocx, depending on version) to your Windows System folder, register it with regsvr32, and you should be able to use it.

If your current version of Access (2000 or XP) is a Developer Edition, try rerunning the install, and make sure you select the additional ActiveX controls. I don't recall exactly where it's listed in the Windows Installer dialog, but you should be able to figure it out.

Rick Sprague
Want the best answers? See faq181-2886
To write a program from scratch, first create the universe. - Paraphrased from Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back