Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Treating a *.tocsv file as a *.csv file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunners

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
GB
All,

I have created an application within an Oracle product called Oracle Express Web Agent.

This application creates reports etc, and displays the information in HTML tables. Within the application, i have created link which exports all the data to excel. Once this is done a macro is run automatically and the data is formatted in the spreadsheet for the user.

This works OK for 90% of the reports. However, for the remaining 10% the reporting method had to be written slightly different, resulting in the browser always outputting to a file called *******.tocsv. I have tried changing the exported file extension, but the application does not allow it!

Is there a setting in Excel that can be done to ensure *.tocsv files are treated the same as *.csv files.

I have already made a registry entry and this failed to work?

Can a macro be written to quickly change the file extention from 'tocsv' to 'csv'?

Thanks in advance, Nunners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back