Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tray selection issues with HP P4015 after updating firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremySchmitt

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2013
US
Hello all,

As the title says my issue is with tray selection after a firmware update with HP P4015s. We have a custom application that uses the postscript to send the job to the printer. After a formatter board replacement, we were stuck with a newer firmware and cannot downgrade it back to when everything was fine (HP decided to sign them and won't allow unsigned anymore). So, my issue is I can not figure out how to point the .ps file to select the proper tray now. It still works fine with the older firmware, but not the newer one. The objective is to use tray 2 (which is configured as letterhead) to print the first page, and then use tray 3 (plain) for any subsequent pages. Here is what is currently in that code now:

false setglobal end
%%Page: 1 1
%%PageBoundingBox: 0 0 612 792
%%PageOrientation: Portrait
%%BeginPageSetup
<</Duplex true /Tumble true>>setpagedevice
<</DeferredMediaSelection true /PageSize[612 792] /ImagingBBox null>> setpagedevice
<</MediaPosition 1>> setpagedevice
save
0 792 translate
%%EndPageSetup

Here is where the next command is:

showpage
restore
%%PageTrailer
%%Page: 2 2
%%PageBoundingBox: 0 0 612 792
%%PageOrientation: Portrait
%%BeginPageSetup
<</MediaPosition 1>> setpagedevice
save
0 792 translate
%%EndPageSetup

If anyone has any ideas please reply. It may be something very easy that I am just not seeing, but I'm not gaining anymore headway. I'd rather not have to agree with replacing the printers. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back