Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trasferring calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewM

MIS
Jun 18, 2001
US
When our call center receives calls, agents are able to transfer them to an outside line. However, when the agents initiate a call, they cannot then transfer the individual somewhere else. Two questions:

1) Is there a setting that will allow this type of transfer?

2) Who will be paying for the call once it is transferred?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

In the COR check that "Off-Net Transfer" is set to yes, you will be paying for the call!

If your agents initiate a call to the outside and then try to transfer the call to another outside number (which you said is failing) then look at their COS. You will want to change Trk-to-Trk Transfer Override to "Y". This will allow them to connect the calls to an outside line.

That might work to well. You might find that a lot of calls are going to grandma & grandpa. If the agents are dialing the same numbers for the transfer. An option to limit trk-to-trk would be set up ext with remote coverpath to dial the numbers for them. Then the agents would just transfer to the extension and the calls go out that way. (you control who the call goes to) Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

I'm sure you know this, but because the company i used to work for got hit with a $100,000 LD bill I think it's worth saying again.

BE VERY CAREFUL! how you use this feature. If you get some good con-men they will be able to talk your agents into transffering them to just "9". This gives the dial tone off your system, and they can dial ANY number they wish, and its usually Sudan, Iraq, Egypt, Jordan, etc...

As stated before this can also be exploited by the agents, they can call their house, then call their mother-in-law and a 6 hour family reunion starts on your dime (or $300 as the case may be).

Also Avaya does not cover losses due to "social engineering". Which means if someone in your company is transfering calls to other contries (or "9" note: COR does not apply on a transfer of this type) they do not cover it under their fruad program, nor does the LD vendor.

RTMCKEE

I have the same question and am unable to find this:
PDHall (MIS) 2 Aug 02 10:21
In the COR check that "Off-Net Transfer" is set to yes, you will be paying for the call!

IN the COR. I have the trk-to-trk transfer already at "Y" which allows incoming calls to be transferred out to an outbound called number with no problem. The problem is my reps need to be able to transfer the president of our company to numerous outside lines whenever we call him.

So in other words:
1. We call out to President on cell phone
2. He asks us to put him through to say a car rental place
3. We "NEED" to be able to transfer him to this outside line then hang up and we aren't able to.

This I believe is the original problem the first guy was having and I am not sure if it was every solved.

Please give me a heads up on this ASAP.

Thanks,
Trent

On page 1 of your trunk group form, change Disconnect Supervision to - In? y Out? y. Be aware that the Definity no longer has any control of the call and if the trunk locks up, call charges will still be incurred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back