Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunda

Technical User
Apr 29, 2002
US
When I place an White image on a color background and do a color seperation for printing. The white image gets lost...
What am I doing wrong....???
Kunda

Kunda.. white will not show up on a separation, since it is not cyan, magenta, yellow or black. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

I am working with PM6.5 and using a b&w tiff.
text and pagemaker drawn objects "knock out" the background when doing seperations.
I am trying to determine if I am doing something really stupid, if I have a problem with pm settings....??? or if I should wipe out and reinstall pagemaker...

PLEASE HELP

I am still not sure what you are referring to... can you convert the black & white image to EPS? Are you trying to maintain a transparency for the image? When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

If I draw a large box and color it red then on top of the box type a word and apply the color white (or reverse) the letters are "knocked out" from the box. If I draw a circle in pagemaker and apply the color "white" (or paper) the circle is knocked out when printing (and on the screen)

If I place a b& w tiff on the red box. It should also "knock out" the color underneath it. For some reason this isn't working for me. I am positive that it used to work...so I'm not sure if I somehow messed a setting up or if pagemaker somehow got messed up.

I do have trapping enabled.
Kunda

A TIFF will not "knock out" the box in the shape of the TIFF unless youhave applied a clipping path... TIFFs do not have transparency... an EPS can have a transparent background and would probably work the way I think you are describing. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back