Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trapping WebI SDK Login Session Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffind

Programmer
Mar 6, 2002
GB
Hi

I posted a message yesterday asking if anyone knew of a way to enhance the log in process in WebI SDK with specific error messages. Now I've got a better idea of what it is I'm after, I thought I'd post again just to see of it jogged anyones memory or if anyone had any experience of this.

Basically I'm using the WebIntelligence SDK to customise an ASP version of WebI for our customer. However, in the login process, if a webi session cannot be started, I am unable to "decode" the reason why the session is unable to start. Ideally, I would like to decode and inform the user that they have encountered one of the following errors at login;

1. The user name they have entered is invalid (i.e. doesn't exist)
2. The user name they have entered is deactivated (i.e. the account suspended due to three attempts at logging in with an incorrect password or the supervisor has suspended the account)
3. The user name they have entered is correct but the password is wrong.

It seems that all I can check for is whether the session is valid or not. That doesn't really strike me as being too helpful for the customer. Can anyone help - or point me in the right direction?

Thanks awfully,

Darren.

Just found an answer to my own question.

I have enhanced the login.asp and the retry.asp code to interrogate the user status in the repository based on the user tryintg to log in. This way you can detect whether a user is suspended, active, or non existent.

Mail me if you need further info on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back