Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trapping? Conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonP

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2000
US
My system has been crashing seeming randomly and even with all-new innards, it does the same thing. I tried removing everything except the video card and it still does it. It is currently running Windows NT but is also set up to run OS/2 and BeOS, all of which have the same symptoms. I tried other drives too. I am entirely unable to install Windows2000 Professional, whihc is what I need right now.

The system runs, sometimes for a week without a problem, and then the simple act of opening or closing a program or even a folder brings un the "Blue Screen of Death" several times in one evening in NT, but I am not sure how to interpret the results. When I try to boot to a working drive with Windows2000 installed, it Traps (00000008). Can anyone help?
Don
don@ctagroup.org
Experienced in HTML, Perl, VBScript, PWS, IIS and Apache. Run OS/2 Warp 4, BeOS v5 and Windows NT (only when I have to!)

Yes,

I was using one with a 16 bit card with a Trident chip set at first as far as I can recall and then switched over to a Matrox Mystique G200 AGP card to suit the more modern motherboard, which is what is in the system now. I was thinking - besides the video card, which was there for a while, the only other piece of hardware that has been there all along is a caddy system for the harddrive. Inside is a small circuit board that does who-know-what. It seems to me though that I also bypassed it at one point and connected the hard drive up directly. The motherboard is an FIC 503+ with an AMD 550 mhz processor but I had the problem with the first motherboard and an AMD 380 mhz board too.
Don
don@ctagroup.org
Experienced in HTML, Perl, VBScript, PWS, IIS and Apache. Run OS/2 Warp 4, BeOS v5 and Windows NT (only when I have to!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back