Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transtalk not working in carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfieldz

Technical User
Jan 14, 2003
US
I have a customer that has a travel trailer lot. they have a Partner ACS R3 in a 5 slot carrier with 2 206 modules. They have 3 Transtalk 9040 phones in a 117A4 6 slot carrier. All of a sudden two of the transtalks are having problems. When you power on the phone the backlight and screen come on but it takes up to 30 seconds for it to pick up a line. When you try to dial nothing happens. If the phone rings, you can answer it but again it takes about 30 seconds for it to answer.

I took the units out of the carried and tested them individually and they work just fine.

I tried putting the phones on differnet extensions and the problem follows the phone.

I have another carried on order, but was wondering if anyone can think of anything else i should be checking.

Witht these kind of problems it is a wonder i still have hair. lol

Thanks
Andy

Andrew Stowe
MCSE,CCNA,CCA
If all else fail, reboot.

Problem Solved, After reading through the book we started to susupect a power problem. We plugged the TransTalk Carrier into another power outlet and it started working. We checked the power outlet it was plugged into and it had a reversale in polarity and also was not grounded. Just wanted to post a solution just in case someone else has this problem

Andy

Andrew Stowe
MCSE,CCNA,CCA
If all else fail, reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back