Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transtalk 9040 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsle

Technical User
Jul 20, 2002
US
we have 2 transtalk 9040 sets working off of a dual radio module. both of the sets have been mapped to different channels. both sets cherp and continue to cherp after the call is answered by another partner system phone. if the call is answered by one of the transtalks, then the cherping continues on the other transtalk. to stop the cherping, we have to go to the transtalk that is cherping & turn it on & off.

I ran into an almost similar problem and it turned out that the phones were in the same calling group as all the extentions that had simaltaneous paging so that everytime a page was sent--the Trans Talks would keep chirping until you shout them off.

Dont know if this is related but may be a starting point to look into

Jim

I know this is a little over 2 years from the original post, but I have run into the same issue as rsle and I see no resolution posted. Here's my scenario: Partner ACS 7.0 with T1/DID's,a 509 processor,1- 34d,2- 9040 phones,1- Dual Radio Module and Partner Mail VS 7.0 (I believe, I can't honestly remember but I'm about 99% sure). Calls come in to the main number which is a DID which is assigned to a calling group so that all phones will ring, if a call gets answered by any phone other than one of the 9040's they start to chirp. Now this doesn't happen all the time but it happens alot and it's driving the customer crazy, I know it has nothing to do with the T1 or DID's because they recently upgraded from analog and it happened before. I disabled "Line Preselect" and that didn't fix it either, any ideas? I know Chiefred says something about calling groups and simultaneous page, however my customer is not using the simultaneous page feature on this system, could this still be my issue?

Louie Roldan

There is an issue with the 9040's (and I believe the 9031's as well) whenever the speaker for it's extension is supposed to be activated. They of course don't have a speaker and will chirp if you include them in a voice calling group for instance. The chirp will continue until you turn the phone off. I can't remember if going off hook will stop it also. I believe this is a bug that has yet to be addressed.

Sounds to me then that you may have intercom auto dial buttons for these extensions programmed for voice announce (*xx) or have them included in a calling group (#206). Since this problem doesn't happen all the time this is the most likely cause.

-Hal

Thanks for the reply hbiss, I just looked at my programming as I have it stored on my laptop, and these 2 extensions are not programmed on any other sets for voice announce and I just recently installed the T1 and placed these phones into a calling group. Basically what I'm saying is that they weren't in a calling group before the T1 and the chirping was still occuring. Any other reason's you can think of that would cause this?

Louie Roldan

Well if that's the case you could try a system reset- #728 or just recycle the power. Also try moving them to different extension ports and see what that does.

Beyond that sounds like you may have either a defective radio mod or a problem with the processor.

-Hal

Just an FYI,We never had good luck running 2 9040's on 1 antenna.Seems like we alway's had some sort of issue.Finally got the sales staff to sell 1 antenna for every cordless.

Thanks guys for your replies, I walked the customer through the steps to remove these 2 phones from the calling group (I was too lazy or too busy, however you want to look at it to drive out there) and checked back with them the next day and the chirping seems to have stopped. It sounded like the logical solution, however I was a little skeptical because of them not being in a calling group before the T1. Anyway, thanks again and I'll keep your advice in mind, partnerman

Louie Roldan

We never had good luck running 2 9040's on 1 antenna.Seems like we alway's had some sort of issue.Finally got the sales staff to sell 1 antenna for every cordless.

That's really strange, we have done that many times and had no problems. I can't see what the difference would be because with two radio units you have to sync them anyway.

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back