Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transtalk 9040 Sync Cable Pinout 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fshaw

Programmer
May 12, 2006
US
I just tried to add 2 9040s to a PACS R6. The refurbished dual radio module did not ship with a sync cord. The vendor is "looking" for one now. The sync port holds a handset cord size mod end. A handset cord does not seem to work. I had to leave the phones on the second drm unplugged.

What is the pinout for sync cable?

Thanks,
Frank

Adding a second module in a single zone environment.

I know what I need: Synchronization Cable 20 inches (50 cm), connects Dual Radio Module to Dual Radio Module (848 353 173). It did not ship with the module. The supplier does not seem to have one. Google does show any sellers. I would make my own sync cable, but I do not know the pinout.

Does anyone know how the 4 pins are arranged?

You could always use a multimeter to determine a pinout. I would not be surprised to learn that the cable is shielded.

Hey, I have one right here! The handset size plug has two(2) wires connected in the center two slots of the four slot plug, red-right, green-left, viewing plug pointing up & contacts facing you.

Sounds like one pair straight through. Nothing clever.

OK, nobody seems to have this darn thing in stock (although some still have it on their website). So I got a bag of 4x4 mod ends and made a few cables. I went on site today to test them.

I tried a 20" single pair straight through as jimcom stated. The bottom lights on the 2 modules went to green, but I still had static issues. I tried both a 20" single pair crossover and a 20" 2-pair crossover, but neither would sync up.

I used a 20" 2-pair straight through and got amber on the lower light on the second module. According to the manual, amber means expansion module. And the static went away. So I am declaring it our winner.

I am guessing that my handset cord did not work because it was too long. I found out that originially Lucent made the sync cord in 20" and 40" lengths. It must have a very short range.

Probably used shielded high frequency cable. Quality sheilded cat 5 should do it.

Sorry for the delay. Jimcom, here is your star for finding a cable and looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back