Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transtalk 3920 performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

TYREPROS

Technical User
Nov 16, 2011
US
New member and found site doing some research on the Transtalks. Been a user since the 9010s, 9030s, 9040s, and now the 3920 series. The 9040s are still in action here and seem have to have done the best for our company in a few areas. In comparison in the month or so we have been using the 3920s they do show some weaknesses. The range is not near what the 9040s had, but without an external antennae that is to be expected. The 3920s range is weaker (hence the repeaters), the unit is more like a houshold unit, the buttons are slower and less usable than its predessesors, and the line selection buttons are dificult to maneuver as compaired to the 9040s. I keep the 9040 on me and utilize the 3920 in and around the office. just my 2 cents, maybe the discussion can continue as we become better aquainted. Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back