Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparent Windows in WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastermind76

Technical User
Apr 29, 2002
DE
Hi,
I know that there is program or feature for/in Windows XP to make windows transparent. While moving a window, e.g. explorer, the window turned transparent for the time draging it. I found a few programs, but all of them are only able to make a window transparent with a right click and that is to set for every window seperately.
Anybody know what I am talking about?

I do not think that there is an option in XP to do this. However many display cards have this facility built into the software that is provided. For example the Nvidia card I have gives me this ability.

Greg Palmer

----------------------------------------
Any feed back is appreciated.

The transparancy attribute was essentialled disabled for performance reasons.

What you want to do (well, what you are asking to do) is to re-enable this attribute. See for a good starting point:

I am not enthusiastic about re-enabling this attribute. It was killed for a good reason.

Thanks for the advice, but I think I found was I was looking for. There is a tool called Hydravision from ATI. Fortunately I'm using ATI and it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back