Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparent text

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimi01

MIS
Dec 14, 2006
GB
In Quark 7, is it possible to put a coloured text box over an image and make the text in that box transparent so the image beneath the box makes up the text?

I hope that makes sense!

Any ideas?

Here's how in Q6 - it might be similar in 7. If not, sorry - just ignore me.

Type your text then select it and go to style/text to box. Then get the image. Put that text (which is now a box) over a coloured box.

...fancy stuff like that is a pain in quark I find, much better to do it in illustrator if possible. Quark can do it to a degree, limited to one line of text at a time is a pain...

...in illustrator it is easier to do and edit, the text doesn't even need to be converted to a shape/outline, so you can change typefaces on the fly...

Andrew

...in illustrator, type text above image, select both image and text, choose object > clipping mask > make...

Andrew

...indesign is easier than quark to achieve it, but not as easy as in illustrator...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back