Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparent PSD dosen't want to print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechel

Technical User
Oct 20, 2003
US
I work on pc ID CS, I imported a transparent psd file into ID onto another picture, and it comes up "Adobe print engine failed to print due to unknown error", now I then moved away the PSD from the other picture and both printed beautifully, now I don't understand what's going on here, I'm losing my mind, I tried it with other transparent PSD's and same thing, any clue?

Thanx in advance but plase fast before I'm going to bust

Check out the thread in this Forum called "Print Errors" someone posted a similair question maybe this might help. It was posted by rachred - -last post was 11/17

thread818-944533

info@prepress-online.com

"Tell'em we're comin', and hell's comin' with us.

Actually I looked at tha thread and it really didn't help me at all, actually I tried to print that file from aanother computer and it did go, would you tell me that I have some settings wrong? I unistalled ID and reinstalled it, no help.

Any suggestions? PLEASE! PLEASE!

If it worked from one computer and not another, both printing to the same printer, then it's extremely likely that there are different printer drivers on the two computers.

Thanx Genimuse Sorry but everything is connected on 1 network and to 1 printer. I also tried it from ID 2 and the same problem occured, my God please somebody help me! help me!

Right, but the printer driver ID is using is on the individual computer, not on the printer or the network. Are you on Mac or Windows?

I'm on windows, and everybody has the same printer driver, it's a Lexmark W820 PS3

I suggest uninstalling the printer from the problematic computer and then reinstalling it, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back