Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparent Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

live4themusic

Programmer
Jun 4, 2007
US
I am trying to design a program that will work synergistically with my business's POS (I work in a food delivery service) because I don't have the knowledge or the time to write POS from scratch. I would like the program to be able to run in the background but to collect information as we type it into the address fields of the POS when a delivery order is being taken to keep track of customers who order from us (this is not integrated sufficiently by the POS). Is it feasible to do this with Visual C++ (the language I know the most of)? If not how hard would this be to do with PERL or Visual Basic?

Thanks!

Rather than trying to capture the keystrokes, have a look at the POS system. Does it have a hook where you can get control, or perhaps it has an event that you can register for? For example, once the POS system records a sale, does it have a 'sale complete' event?

Steve

[small]"Every program can be reduced by one instruction, and every program has at least one bug. Therefore, any program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work." (Object::perlDesignPatterns)[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back