Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparent pattern fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeycat

Technical User
Jan 5, 2006
GB

I'm using Corel v11, and need to put a red hatch over an area of a map, but it needs to be transparent, so that the map can be seen beneath it. Using the interactive fill tool, I have succeeded to some extent, but the red hatched line has a transparency also. What I would like is a red hatch (i.e. solid red lines) over an area, with transparency in between so that what's on the map behind can still be seen.
Sorry if this is a bit long-winded and hope someone can understand what I'm aiming for.
Smokey [cat2]

If you can define your area, make a duplicate of the outline, fill it using the hatch in bitmat fills, change colour to red adjust the size of tile to suit, then export this as a PNG with transparent background, then bring it back, import, and place over the map.

Hope this is what you are after.

Hi BernBennett,
I tried what you suggested, and thanks for that, but it still has a white background. Tearing my hair out with this one, because I know I've done it before!
Any other suggestions?

Smokey

Hi Smokey!

If you are "opening" the PNG file then it will appear to have a white background, as the default background colour is white.

You have to "Import" it and place it over any coloured background and it should be transparent.

Failing this try using the bitmap colour mask to hide the white colour.

Hi again,
Still couldn't get the .png method to work, but the bitmap colour mask method worked a treat - thanks a million!

Smokey [bigsmile]

Hi there.

You have to draw the lines and put them over the image you want to be seen under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back