Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transparent grid

Status
Not open for further replies.

jezky82

MIS
Jul 7, 2012
ID
how do I make the grid transparent, so the wallpaper image in the form shown in the grid

Even if you make the column controls transparent, the columns themselves have no BackStyle you could sete transparent.

Bye, Olaf.

i want like this ...
a.jpg

Maybe there's a third-party grid control that will do what you want. You might try looking at DBI or Codejock. But it's a bit of a long shot.

So, how did you create the grid you showed in your screen shot?

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

There's a hint, and it suggest "Find out why". If you have this example, look into the code. I can imagine someone drawing with GDIPLUS code into each cell. Well, that is temporary only. The moment you set focus to a cell and start typing the effect is gone.

The best bet is to use a third party grid.

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf, can u tell me what name third part grid , where i find, or how

No, I was just talking of any third party grid, as Mike. I have no specific grid in mind. You have to find some grid with that feature on your own.

Bye, Olaf.

The third-party grids I was thinking of are products from DBI and Codejock. But I didn't say that they definitely support transparency. In fact, they probably don't. I was simply suggesting that you look outside the native VFP controls if you want to find something suitable.

Also, I'd have to ask you how badly you want to do this. The grid you showed in the screen shot looks pretty awful to me, and no doubt it will to your users as well. Unless you have a really compelling reason to provide a transparent grid, I'd suggest you spend your energies elsewhere.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

I like Bernards idea. It's inverse, put a transparent image in front of the grid.

Googling "Temporary Transparent Grid" you get the code for what you show:
So what is your question about? He's telling the secret. This grid is transparent, while it's columns are locked. Nothing you could really use

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back