Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparent Breakpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

c100cbk2

Programmer
Sep 20, 2010
GB
I have a vb 2008 application which when I place a break point in the code looks fine but when i execute the app the breakpoint gets set to trasnparent with a tool tip informing me that this bnreak point will not be hit.

I have done everything I can think of to remedy this but to no avail, it is not a web app.

Any one know what i am sure is a simple answer?

I can't remember all of the times I've had this happen, but I think it has always been in reference to either code that is actually part of another dll or some situations with threading. What I always have to do is break before that section of code is called and then once it steps into the code you can then hit F5 and it will run until that break point.

-I hate Microsoft!
-Forever and always forward.
-My kingdom for a edit button!

Thank you Sorwen I have tried your sugesstion and it works perfectly, Yes, it is a windows app by the way.

Many thanks.

NP. I'm glad it worked.

-I hate Microsoft!
-Forever and always forward.
-My kingdom for a edit button!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back