Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparent background with text

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyL

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2000
US
I creeated a logo in Corel Draw 9 using text and graphic lines. I want to export the logo as a gif so I can use it in a web page. I have attempted to mask out the white space so that the text will sit on top of the html background and the background will show through the holes in the graphic logo. The final image is almost working except that it is outined with a thin white line. How can I make it so it is a clean graphic image that has not outline.
I hope this makes sense...I am new to graphic design.
Thanks

Did you use white outlines in your logo? If so -> you can select everything, then rightclick on no-color in the color docker and try exporting again. Or you can choose to have an outline but the same color as your logo, if there are different colors, then don't select all ofcourse.

If you didn't use a white outline, then maybe you can upload you're gif to somewhere and give the link, so it's easier to see the problem.

One thing I have experienced is when doing web work, the final output is often better in Paint then Draw. You can mask outlines, and do color selections (and gradients) to enurs that the background is completely masked out n paint. In Draw, you almost always get a "shadow" or outline of color around your transparent oject.

If I have to start in Draw, I import into Paint for the final tweaks, then export it as gif or jpg from Piant.

Greetings

Both of the previous posts were accurate, however, I think that the "outline" that you are talking about is not actually an outline,. It is a "halo" caused by anti-aliasing the image that is on a white background.

Try this.

It the background for the webpage is a dark color, create an object behind your image that is close to that color of your web background. Select the logo and export it. In the GIF export box, select the dark color as transparent. The export will use this as a color for duithering.

Hope this helps

Can also use a pen line round the outer edge and color it for a "matte" to match the page color in the web page. - "Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?" -

Ps: both above posts correct

Halo effect is an artifact of anti alias and Photo Paint has by far the best algorithm approach to dither and edge resolution in the creation of gifs and jpegs of any photo retouch program I have ever used ... and it has been too many! - "Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?" -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back