Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparent background jpeg creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Japetto12

Technical User
Aug 9, 2001
US
Hello.. I am having a problem creating an image and saving it with a transparent background. I'm hoping to have a graphic I can place into different backgrounds so the backgrounds will show up through the graphic. I select transparent background when I begin my file creation but once it's saved the transparent part fills in with a default color. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I am using Photoshop CS 8.0

What file extension are you using for the file?

Jpeg (.jpg) does not support transparancy.
Gif (.gif) supports limited (on or off) transparancy.
Png (.png) supports multiple levels of transparancy but windows IE browsers don't support png too well.

Trojan.

Sorry, I didn't absorb your title too well but my previous points apply. Jpeg does not support transparancy so you have a problem!
You could save in a format that does support transparancy or you could add the appropriate colour before saving to ensure a seemless overlay.

Trojan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back