Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transparent background in Corel

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkone

Technical User
Jan 5, 2003
FI
Hello

I did import a picture in Corel. How can I make the background of the bitmap to became transparent, in order to use ONLY the image itself, without the white background? Thanks in advance,
Virgil

Hi Virgil

Do you have photopaint installed. The only way I know to do it is double click the image in draw to open photopaint. Then with the magic wand mask you can mask out what you dont want. You then need to remove mask and then mask the whole image. you then "invert" the mask and save the image as a cpt image. Then import that image back to document in draw and you should have no background.

Or use power clip and put your image in that
Alan

Another way is to select your imported bitmap, go to the Bitmaps menu, select Bitmap Color Mask, (a menu should appear), select the eyedropper tool and click on the white background, now use the tolerance slider to adjust the amount of transparency and apply. You can keep adjusting and applying till you get what you want.

Thanks to all, for the very useful answers. All methods work well, now my project goes smoothly forward :). Thanks again,

Virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back