Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparent backcolor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tg2003

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2003
IL
Hi,

How I can made the backcolor of a controller/button transparent, so I can put a visible image behind of it?

I'm using VB6 and found nothing in the forum's history...

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if this is the best way to do this, but one way is to add an Image control, set the "ToolTipText" property to the text you want, and place it over the map in the place that you want. But you are stuck using rectangles using this method.

You'll be answering in the the wrong thread, guitarzan. I'm guessing you wanted thread222-1437414

Well... don't I feel silly! [blush]

Probably should have taken an extra day off.... My apologies!!!

You can put 2 images in the one button, one when the button is not "pressed" and another when you hold the mouse down on it.
See the buttons properties sheet and select the picture you want for each state.
You can change these pictures at run time with code so they look "behind it

tg2003,

Creating transparent controls is not difficult to do, but they also become invisible to the mouse and keyboard. When I want to have custom buttons on my GUI then I use a PictureBox control along with a resource file from which I get the different images required to simulate a button. I used the mouse events MouseDown and MouseUp to switch the button images.

Servo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back