Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparency removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorwyn

Technical User
Jan 1, 2001
DE
Hello everybody

I´ve got a little question, maybe someone here is able to help me out.
After reading lots of post about the joys of transparency in Photoshop, I encountered a problem recently, pretty much covering the opposite.

Is there a 100% reliable way to REMOVE any transparent pixels from an image (one layer) or even better mark any transparent pixels?

Any help highly appreciated,
Thank you

Put a new layer below the one with transparencies and fill it with a color. Then join the two layers.
Sincerely,

Tom Anderson
CEO, Order amid Chaos, Inc.

Tom's suggestion is the easiest way. If there are any semi-transparent pixels in your image that you need to maintain you could also control-select the layer, invert the selection, and then fill with a solid colour.

And if you just need to see the transparency, remember you can adjust the grid transparency style and colour in the preferences menu. This might make it stand out for you.

Good luck

gollyg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back