Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparency problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

anywhereigo

Technical User
Nov 22, 2001
CA
Here's another simple question:

When I created a new file with the transparency option selected and then typed a simple text or shape, the edges of the text or shape are jagged and there's white spots on the edges. If you insert the image into a web page with a dark background, it's even noticeable and looks crappy.
I tried the sharpen tool but it also sharpen to unwanted spots on the edges.

How can I get rid of this?

Thanks,

Rob

creat the new file at 72dpi or screen res at exactly the size you plan on displaying it on the web or 100%

web - 72dpi

print - 300dpi

you can go from print to web but no the other way. Like a hair cut, you can only cut hair off.

Hi Rob,

I actually had the same problem and posted it on this site too. I tired gif and png with transparent background selected.

When the "matte" color option is set to the exact color of the background of the page that the image is being placed on, the image looks fine.

My problem was ??How do you fix this problem when the page that the image is being placed on, has a gradient color???

soumyajk@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back