Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transparency printing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhag

Technical User
May 27, 2005
US
I have had several problems when trying to print designs with a black background that contain transparency. When I place a jpg into an AI file and change the blending mode to multiply to remove the background a gray box appears around it when it is printed. I have also removed the background in Photoshop and placed that file directly into Illustrator and the same problem occurred. This same problem occurs when using the outer glow effect. I have tried flattening it before printing it and that still doesn't help. I have tried converting to a PDF at press quality and that doesn't work. I have also tried using 100% black as the background and also process black. These files always look fine on screen. Please let me know if you can help.

Try selecting all the elements and rasterizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back