Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transparency My nemesis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabernet

Technical User
Feb 24, 2003
PK
Hello
is there anywhere a good tutorial on making transparency
I always end to get it ok - after a good fight -
but I hate to think that I did it mosly out of random !
which is quite possible :)

thanks

Transparency can only be achieved with a GIF file format. When saving your image, reduce colors to 256 (or less), then click on Colors (on the tool bar) and select Set Palette Transparency. Click on Set Tranparency Value to Palette Entry, and then move your mouse pointer over your image. Your pointer will change to an eye dropper - select the color that you want to be transparent and click the left mouse button. Done!

Save the image as a GIF file and your all set.

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

tviman
thanks
I shall try it your way

cabernet...

my pleasure... that's what this forum is for!

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

In addition to tviman's good advice, you may also find this useful ...

The easiest way to set the transparency is to set it to the current background color. Remember if the color you select as background is included in your graphic, that piece of the graphic will also be transparent. To avoid this use Fill to color the background, opting for an unused color. (Magenta is often a good choice!!!)

You'll need to save it as a GIF89a interlaced. Use Options in the Save As GIF dialogue box to select the 89a interlaced version.

LRH

LRH
HMMMM ! becoming more and more interesting

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back